St. James Parish Employment Law Attorneys
All employees have certain legal rights. Hard-won federal and state employment laws have been put in place to protect workers from discrimination, harassment and other unfair treatment at the hands of their employers.
If you believe your legal rights were violated by your employer, you should talk to an employment lawyer about how to proceed. You may have multiple options for protecting your rights and resolving the problem.
Advocating For The Rights Of Employees
At Murphy’s Law, APLC, Attorney Karen D. Murphy represents employees with respect to a variety of employment problems, advocating for their rights and finding solutions. Equipped with more than 20 years of experience representing both employees as well as employers, we have extensive knowledge of the issues and laws that impact employees of private companies, public systems and other entities.
We Can Help You If
- You have experienced discrimination or harassment related to sex, race, religion or another protected status.
- You are a plant worker or factory worker who was wrongfully terminated or whose civil rights were violated.
- You lost your job because you complained about a matter of public concern.
- You were discriminated against because of a disability.
- You were penalized or fired for using provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Employment matters can be stressful because they concern your livelihood. Talking to an experienced lawyer can help.
Contact A Civil Rights Attorney Serving St. John the Baptist Parish For A Free Consultation
Our firm’s employment law attorneys serve St. James Parish and Gonzales, Louisiana, among many other locations. We offer a free consultation. Contact us for confidential advice regarding your employment concern.